A day full of preparations...
- 9.00 a.m. : Writing new paragraphs for the site, letters to
adding several more names to our email list of addresses, announce
launch of our site.
- 12 noon : A quick telecon with Dominique of 'La Roue Libre et
they have undertaken partly, the repairing of bicycles with funds
'Ateliers de la Rue Voot'.
- 12.30 p.m. : Lunch with Jean-Luc of Provelo et Marie-Caroline
of the ECF to prepare for the press conference.
- 4.00 p.m. : Check with Starpole as holsters haven't arrived
consoles herself by buying some sun glasses!
- 5.30 p.m. : We arrive at the 'Maison du Velo' to have the clip
pedals mounted on the cycles, by Yves. We buy 4 one litre flasks,
some gloves and a pair of padded shorts.
- 7.30 p.m. : A three hour course on mechanics at Veloxygène
(alias Mister T). This evening's programme...How to check the
the spokes and realign the wheels.
- 11.00 p.m. : Email our webmaster Roland and the graphics designer
Cécile to propose some corrections and fix a meeting.
- 3.00 a.m. : (How can it be??).....we crawl to bed...
The Dring Dring Day 2001:
The big operation by Pro Velo of getting people back on the saddle
is on this 6th May. In front of our stand, a magnificent map of
Europe with our itinerary traced in red attracts the people and
comments of the interested....Meeting a lot of people of various
nationalities, interesting dialogues on technics....general enthusiasm.
All of a sudden, someone points to our display and shows something
to the one beside him....'Look, that's where we've been on vacation',
while pointing his finger to Toscane, hundreds of kilometres far
from our itinerary!
A training week-end on the road :
to be continued...